Sunday, November 15, 2009

The bounty of fall

I never thought I would have the urge to write a blog. Probably because I never knew what blogging meant. After stumbling across a blog I love, Lovely Morning, I decided it was time to start sharing my own passions. So here I am. I have recently discovered my interest in anything homemade, home-grown, and unique. I dove in head first this summer, making jams, apple sauce, cranberry sauce, soups, squash and pumpkin purees, all for the very first time. Not to mention all the fantasic uses I found for my leftover mason jars! This week I will be making my last batches of the fall bounty (growing season of any kind is pretty much over for us here in Montreal), using the cranberries I bought at atwater market, to can some sauce for holiday turkey. I also have to use up the last of the Empire apples I picked (I was told these were the best variety for making apple sauce). I still have lots of squash left form my October visit to a pumpkin patch in St-Eustache, but they will keep for months to come. Pictures and recipes of my upcoming canning to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment