Sunday, December 6, 2009

The tree is up!!


Christmas tree is up and decorated! After a few mishaps involving small stand and ridiculously huge (therefore heavy) tree, everything is under control. I decided I wanted to my tree this year with lots of white lights and gold, silver, and white ornaments. I forgot, however, that the boyfriend likes tacky/colorful/eighties/mismatched tree. At first, I objected and wanted to do it my way, which was obviously the RIGHT way, but then I realized the whole point of having a Christmas tree is to enjoy time with loved ones, throw on some Christmas music, open up a nice bottle of wine, and decorate! So I let him put the decorations he wanted (not without me sneaking around behind him fixing them of course). But I love our tree. No matter what it looks like, it's always the right combination of the old, been-in-the-family-for-years ornaments, and the new preciouse ones that I can't resist buying.

These are a few of my favorite new ones...



And a few oldies...

No comments:

Post a Comment